FW: [CF-Devel] CFEditor cleaning up

Michael Keuchen Michael.Keuchen at hamburg.de
Sat Aug 3 10:36:21 CDT 2002

Michael Toennies schrieb:

      IF you want change this very sensible heart of the editor - then please do

      this with the coders who

      has done all the fucking work. Let make it step by step and let test in on

      all the systems.

Yeah, that's how I want to do it. But sometimes one need a bigger step.

      But when you do the changes, break the package and say: "hey, thats the way

      it goes because it it

      written that this is the way" - then AV and also i have some problems with

      it.

And I have problems with your attitude. Saying "that's the way I do it"
and "I personally can work fast with it" and ignoring the rest of the
world.
And then you complain about not getting co-developers.
If you would have a more open approach, you would have got
Bob Tanner as a contributor. Of course he was not right making the
changes
without asking on the list. But he has only done the same I would have
done.
And then AV turned all back without discussion.
Having worked much on the code in the past is no excuse for rejecting
future changes.

      The last point is, that not for cf but for Daimonin, i use the same editor.

An important point IMO.
You cannot have the editor as a program for crossfire AND for your
project forever. Sooner or later the development will fork. The question
is,
when.

      There, the java parts has

      to fit in a bigger package with c, c++ and python - AND on different OS. The

      java source has to follow

      the rules of the package - not the package the coding language. The conding

"the rules of your package"!
I do not want to be constrained by what you find suitable for your
program.

      language (and thats

      whats java is for me) and the runtime has to fit the problems and structures

      i define for my

      project. If they don't can, they are not usable for the real world. dot.

"not usable for the real world" when not fitting into your project!?
Your needs define the real world? Who are you?

      That means also the

      folder structure, make files or initialization. But thats a different point.

Michael Keuchen