[CF-Devel] CFEditor cleaning up

Michael Toennies michael.toennies at nord-com.net
Sun Aug 4 08:34:21 CDT 2002

      > Some misc. answers following...

      > > [...] What of the files would be changed by

      > > users? Surely not the help files, the icons and the "system"

      > > PNG pictures, but what about these four:

      > > - autojoin.txt

      > > - spells.def

      > > - typenumbers.def

      > > - types.txt

      > > Are they meant to be changed by a user?

      > Yes - meant to be changed by users. Also updated more often.

      > They are very important files.

      Not convinced.

      Can you give me one clear example why a normal user would change any

      of these four files?

1. Because user hopefully create own graphics, arches and objects.

2. The idea is to have a open environment where even spells, scripts and
arches can
   be changed from outside without recompiling anything.

3. Because its easy to find and eliminate bugs.

4. Because a user is not a user. The real user is the "player only". The
next step is the map maker.
   The step beyond is a map maker who creates "game primitives" (like
arches, new monsters, etc.).

And the help system is in html. Hopefully at some time ppl start to add docs
there. Its a must have
to make this folder open as possible.