[CF-Devel] Scorn apartments disappeared...

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Thu Aug 29 22:43:52 CDT 2002

Kevin R. Bulgrien wrote:

      At 02:22 PM 8/28/02, I wrote:

      The disappearing apartment turned out to be a change in

      world permissions...

      The maps/city/apartments directory has to be world

      writeable...  Since I am running the maps straight out

      of my cvs directory, I need to tweak some permissions.

      Is this normal though?  I would have thought that the

      server saved things to a different place than to the

      master copies of the maps?

  It should.

      In general, does the server need the maps directories

      and/or files to be writeable?

  The maps, at least the ones in CVS, can be on a read-only filesystem.

  I'd try to see what crossfire is trying to write to that directory.  Perhaps
you have a misdirected symlink or something.