[CF-Devel] Item Damage idea

Larry Cow larrycow at free.fr
Wed Aug 28 04:48:10 CDT 2002

        The basic idea is that equipment gets damaged, and you need to pay

      for it to

      get repaired.  One goal of this is to chew up the money of higher

      level players.

      The hardest thing to perhaps tune is how items get damaged.  My idea

      is that the

      amount of damage th player takes is the percent chance that one of

      his items

      will get damaged.  Thus would typically work to the higher level

      players

      disadvantage (as attacks do more damage).  It also makes some sense -

       a goblin

      hitting you isn't likely to damage many items, but that titan bashing

      you with a

      bonecrusher is likely to do some damage.  Basing this on the damage

      caused also

      means that if the player is immune to the attacktype, his equipment

      won't be

      damaged either.

I also suggest that using a weapon (I mean "doing damages with it")
could cause damages to that weapon.

For example, if I attack a dragon with my little dagger, there is
chances that I'll damage my dagger. This is, IMHO, more likely that
damaging a weapon by _being_ attacked.

--
Larry. Be aware.