[CF List] adjusting font size for client

Florian Leitner flo at chello.at
Tue Aug 6 10:21:10 CDT 2002

      > Hi there,

      > I am new to cf and am in some troube - I'm on holiday, naturally with my

      > (pure) linuz laptop, but as it is quite old, it only has 12' display...

      > still I'd love to play cf in an relaxed env - don't like all this window

      > switching so much...

      > Therefor I would like to adjust the font size of the client window(s) to 8

      > pt or so. But even after downloading the gtk sources form sourceforge.net

      > for version 1.3.1 I could not find a single hint how to do that. There

      > only seem to be these two 'classic' and 'standard' fonts - which do not

      > make any diff... can smbdy help, please?!

      I think that what you have to do is to change your .gtkrc file (fund in your

      home directory).

      In that file you will probably find something like this:

      include "/usr/share/themes/Metal/gtk/gtkrc" or whatever gtk theme you have.

      In that gtkrc file there should be a line like:

       font = "-b&h-lucida-bold-r-normal-sans-12-*-*-*-p-*-iso8859-1"

      or whatever font is used. Just cahnge the size to something bigger.

Thanks to you also - this worked well, too!!! Now I can choose :) (this
will be difficult...)

Just - for anyone trying this and not figuring whats going wrong - I did
not have a ~/.gtkrc (am not such a window fan - prefer console stuff,
therefor I dont even have a 'real' gtk install) - simply copy the
style you want from /etc/gtk/gtkrc.* and edit it as appropriate...

-flo

      The above could also be in your .gtkrc without the reference to a theme.

      Hope this will help.

      Olle Viksten

      --

      MicroSoft Network may not carry this message without license

       to do so.  License to carry this message requires a fee of

       $1000, payable within 30 days to Olle Viksten.  Appearance of this

       message on MicroSoft Network constitutes an agreement to terms.

      crossfire-list at lists.real-time.com