[CF List] Multiple resistance objects don't add up...

Kevin R. Bulgrien kbulgrien at worldnet.att.net
Sun Aug 11 13:22:09 CDT 2002

Why is it that things like this happen:

Ring armor +24 (worn)
Ring armor +25 (worn)

Does not equal armor +49?

This is quite aggravating.  One spends alot of money trying to get protection
against things - oilskin gloves, cloak of Darkness, (2) rings of Acid,
etc, only to find out that the + to resistance doesn't seem to mean anything
logical.

An example on the metalforge server:

Rayvin is a human sorcerer with a natural Acid "resistance" of -40.

Wear cloak of darkness (resist acid +85), character resistance is now +45
Wear ring of Acid (resist acid +30), character resistance is now +49 (HUH?!)
Wear ring of Acid (resist acid +30), character resistance is now +52 (Ripoff!)
Wear amulet of resist acid +25, character resistance is now +54 (Gimme a break!)
Wear gloves of oiled leather (resist acid +25), character resistance is now +55
Wear Belzebub's shield +12 (resist acid +40), character resistance is now +57
Wear Midnight Robe +12 (resist acid +75), character resistance is now +58

So I now have an equivalent of +330 acid resistance equipment, and my guy shows
only +58 acid resistance!

What is going on?