[CF List] Improved invis spell and stealing skill broken in newest cvs?

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Mon Aug 26 01:14:45 CDT 2002

Erhard Sanio wrote:

      I tried to day the improved invisibility spell on mids.utwente.nl and

      recognized that it requires invinite amount of sp without ever

      reaching satiation (i.e. the message "you are as invisible as you

      can get"). I spent up to 1500 sp at a time to the spell and it

      did not stop to consume sp.  Additionally, it had no effect anymore.

  That message isn't really good.  I'll fix that up.  Basically, it means that
you've reached the maximum duration.

      Usually, enemies which aren't capable of see invisible cannot recognize

      you in a dark room under the effect of improved  invis even if you

      attack them. Now, the spell don't seem to have an effect at all

      anymore other than consuming sp.

  Took a look at the code - don't see any obvious bugs, but did make some
cleanup in some areas.

      Further on, the stealing skill seems to be broken. Whatever I try,

      I get the message "your attempt is prevented", even when I try to

      steal from a goblin with agility level 103.

  With the cleanup changes I made, I don't see that message, so probably
something wasn't write in the code.  I also noticed the stealing code didn't
give very message if the monster in question has nothing you can steal - it
would basically dump the message 'the %s notices you attempt at stealing'.  I've
changed it so that you now get a better message if there is nothing to steal
from the opponent.

      I don't know whether the problem exists on crossfire.real-time.com,

      too, because users of the German Telekom Network are blocked

      by  sl-rtent-1-0.sprintlink.net (144.228.52.126) when trying to

      access crossfire.real-time.com since two weeks.

  Problem is probably globel.  My understanding is that real-time is blocking
traffic from german telekom because of DDOS attacks that german telekom isn't
borthering to do anything about.