[CF List] Improved invis spell and stealing skill broken in newest cvs?

Erhard Sanio erhard.sanio at gmx.net
Sat Aug 24 10:30:37 CDT 2002

I tried to day the improved invisibility spell on mids.utwente.nl and
recognized that it requires invinite amount of sp without ever
reaching satiation (i.e. the message "you are as invisible as you
can get"). I spent up to 1500 sp at a time to the spell and it
did not stop to consume sp.  Additionally, it had no effect anymore.

Usually, enemies which aren't capable of see invisible cannot recognize
you in a dark room under the effect of improved  invis even if you
attack them. Now, the spell don't seem to have an effect at all
anymore other than consuming sp.

Further on, the stealing skill seems to be broken. Whatever I try,
I get the message "your attempt is prevented", even when I try to
steal from a goblin with agility level 103.

I don't know whether the problem exists on crossfire.real-time.com,
too, because users of the German Telekom Network are blocked
by  sl-rtent-1-0.sprintlink.net (144.228.52.126) when trying to
access crossfire.real-time.com since two weeks.

     http://www.gmx.net