[CF List] Improved invis spell and stealing skill broken in newest cvs?

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Mon Aug 26 22:39:15 CDT 2002

Erhard Sanio wrote:

      Mark Wedel wrote:

      ..

      This phenomenon occurred first time to me when I reported it, thus

      my assumption that it has to do with some newer cvs. Before, I hadr

      to cast improved invis 2-4 times on average spending 45-110 sp for

      each spellcasting, then got the message "you are already as invisible

      as you can get". And I was invisible from the first spellcasting.

      Now, the character is still blinking, but even wyverns do recognize

      and attack me.

  Some of that code was redone.  I'd have to look at see what the old code was
doing - it is possible that the spell wasn't having any effect, and it just
wasn't reporting anything.

  The blinking was one of the changes - it was considered more proper for the
player to blink on all occasions - otherwise it was considered difficult for the
player to know where he was on the map.

  Wyverns have 'see invisible', so its not too surprising invisibility doesn't
work on them.

     would basically dump the message 'the %s notices you attempt at stealing'.

     I've changed it so that you now get a better message if there is nothing

     to steal from the opponent.

      That seems to work, thanks. And stealing from goblins in general seems to

      work, too. I did not yet try stealing from stronger monsters like vampires

      or dragons, but I hope it will work, too.

  Note that many tougher monsters have see invisible.  Also, improved invisible
doesn't protect you from undead - they can still 'see' you - you need invisible
to undead.  There is no 'improved invisible to undead' however.

      That means that most of Germany is cut off from crossfire.real-time.com

      due to the incompetence of telekom abuse management. It means no

      metaserver, no online help, no mailing list archives. Personally,

      I have a narrow bandwidth dialin to a university network which

      enables me to have a short look at least. It is a pain anyway.

  Well, maybe if enough users/customers of german telekom actually complained to
them (eg, I can't reach some sights because the remote sight has blocked access
from german telekom due to DDOS attacks and the fact that you don't do anything
to correct/prevent/solve the problem), maybe GT management may actually do
something.  Probably the player base of crossfire isn't big enough that that is
an issue.