[CF List] Improved invis spell and stealing skill broken in newest cvs?

Erhard Sanio erhard.sanio at gmx.net
Mon Aug 26 12:25:42 CDT 2002

Mark Wedel wrote:
..

      can get"). I spent up to 1500 sp at a time to the spell and it

      did not stop to consume sp.  Additionally, it had no effect anymore.

     That message isn't really good.  I'll fix that up.  Basically, it means

     that

     you've reached the maximum duration.

This phenomenon occurred first time to me when I reported it, thus
my assumption that it has to do with some newer cvs. Before, I hadr
to cast improved invis 2-4 times on average spending 45-110 sp for
each spellcasting, then got the message "you are already as invisible
as you can get". And I was invisible from the first spellcasting.
Now, the character is still blinking, but even wyverns do recognize
and attack me.

     Took a look at the code - don't see any obvious bugs, but did make some

     cleanup in some areas.

I tried again today at mids server, and the problem is still there.

..

     would basically dump the message 'the %s notices you attempt at stealing'.

      I've changed it so that you now get a better message if there is nothing

      to steal from the opponent.

That seems to work, thanks. And stealing from goblins in general seems to
work, too. I did not yet try stealing from stronger monsters like vampires
or dragons, but I hope it will work, too.

      I don't know whether the problem exists on crossfire.real-time.com,

      too, because users of the German Telekom Network are blocked

      by  sl-rtent-1-0.sprintlink.net (144.228.52.126) when trying to

      access crossfire.real-time.com since two weeks.

     Problem is probably globel.  My understanding is that real-time is blocking

     traffic from german telekom because of DDOS attacks that german telekom

     isn't

     borthering to do anything about.

That is really bad news. German Telekom is network provider for about 95%
of all broadband customers in Germany, and a big share of dialin customers,
probably more than 75% . T-Online alone is about 7 million users, AOL other
2 or 3 million.

That means that most of Germany is cut off from crossfire.real-time.com
due to the incompetence of telekom abuse management. It means no
metaserver, no online help, no mailing list archives. Personally,
I have a narrow bandwidth dialin to a university network which
enables me to have a short look at least. It is a pain anyway.

regards, e. sanio

     http://www.gmx.net