[CF List] Leveling at high level

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Thu Aug 29 13:20:41 CDT 2002

      Andy says that levelling for high level players

      takes "a constant amount of experience" after level 50 or so.

      Is this true?

      I thought monsters were worth less the higher your level.

      So, say, you murder a dragon at level 20:  100000 exp

      at level 108:  3000 exp

      So you've got to murder 10x as many dragons at high level (100)

      to level than at say, level 50.

      Is this true or not?

I just made a simple test. Feel free to reproduce it:

I created a map with a line of kobolds. Each kobold has level 50
and one million exp.
Then I start the server of today's CVS. I log in, create a new
character. Switching in DM mode I boost my character to level 50.
Next I start fighting the kobolds. Every second kobold gains me
a level.
I take a short break, switch in DM mode and boost my character
to level 100. Then I take on the kobolds again. This time, every
third kobold gains me a level - till I'm finally maxed out.

So, there might be a marginal increase after all. But the
increase is definitly less than a factor of two, which in
ANY case is insufficient.
For the record: The highest gap between levels is less than 3 million.
One Jessy alone (can be killed at ~lvl 30) offers 2 million exp.
I hope we agree that there is something slightly out of whack.

AndreasV