[CF-Devel] arch: xbm, xpm, and dev

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Tue Feb 26 01:44:13 CST 2002

 I've removed all the xbm and xpm images from the arch distribution.   those of
you on the mailing list should see those messages shortly.

 However, what is left is a bunch of misc images in the dev directory.

 Some of them (Britan, Gloarn, Kanji) are more or less alternate fonts for some
characters.  These are obviously not being used - they in theory could be used
for runes, or large scale signs, or whatever else.

 Others may just be old versions of some images, and some may be actual
different images.  Also, there are the follow .arc files in the dev directory:

./xpm_pref/Mountain/mountain_2.arc
./xpm_pref/Mountain/moun_cave1.arc
./xpm_pref/Mountain/moun_cave2.arc
./xpm_pref/Mountain/mountain1.arc
./xpm_pref/Mountain/mountain2.arc
./unused/0.91.1/crystal_bl.arc
./unused/0.91.1/mountain_1.arc
./unused/0.91.1/Store/store_book.arc
./unused/0.91.1/Store/store_food.arc
./unused/0.91.1/shop.arc
./unused/0.91.1/Monolith/monolith.arc
./unused/0.91.1/Undead/shadow.arc
./unused/0.91.1/Undead/werewolf.arc
./unused/0.91.1/Flyingnote/flyingnote.arc
./unused/0.91.1/dopplegang.arc
./unused/0.91.1/centaur.arc
./unused/0.91.1/lwoodhouse.arc
./unused/0.91.1/grave.arc
./unused/0.91.1/Lg_bungalow/lbungalow.arc
./unused/0.91.1/grateTrg1.arc
./unused/0.91.1/grateTrg2.arc
./unused/0.91.1/dark_uni.arc
./unused/0.91.6/potionrstr.arc
./unused/0.91.7/Town/beggar.arc
./unused/0.91.7/Town/child.arc
./unused/0.91.7/Town/sailor.arc
./unused/0.91.7/Town/fatman.arc
./unused/0.91.7/Town/fatwoman.arc
./unused/0.91.7/Town/merchant.arc
./unused/0.91.7/Town/courier.arc
./unused/0.91.7/chaos/c_knight.arc
./unused/0.91.7/chaos/broo.arc
./unused/0.91.7/newfood/s_weasel.arc
./unused/0.91.7/newfood/bag_popcorn.arc
./unused/0.91.7/newfood/orange.arc
./unused/0.91.7/newfood/pear.arc
./unused/0.91.7/newfood/onion.arc
./unused/0.91.7/newtown/r_house1.arc
./unused/0.91.7/newtown/r_house2.arc
./unused/0.91.7/newtown/university.arc
./unused/0.91.7/newtown/s_shop1.arc
./unused/0.91.7/newtown/s_shop2.arc
./unused/0.91.7/newtown/t_house1.arc
./unused/0.91.7/newtown/t_house2.arc
./unused/0.91.7/newtown/market1.arc
./unused/0.91.7/newtown/market2.arc
./unused/0.91.7/newtown/market3.arc
./unused/0.91.7/newtown/s_tower1.arc
./unused/0.91.7/newtown/s_tower2.arc
./unused/0.91.7/newtown/slum1.arc
./unused/0.91.7/newtown/slum2.arc
./unused/0.91.7/newtown/slum3.arc
./unused/0.91.7/newtown/temple/temple1.arc
./unused/0.91.7/newtown/collesium.arc
./unused/0.91.7/mood_floors/furious_floor.arc
./unused/0.91.7/mood_floors/sleep_floor.arc
./unused/0.91.7/mood_floors/calm_floor.arc
./unused/0.91.7/mood_floors/charm_floor.arc
./obsolete/randomCont.arc

 With the addition of the alternate image support in the server, there really
isn't much point have a dev directory - either the image is good enough that it
should perhaps be in some set, the image is bad enough it should be removed, or
it is a duplicate of something else.

 The above arc files should likewise be resolved - if they are useful, they
should get moved back into the main distribution, if they are not, they should
get removed.

 That said, I think in a month or two, we should go and remove the dev
directory.  I would suggest that people interessted in the arch's/images look
through the stuff in the dev directory and move the stuff worth keeping
someplace more appropriate in the arch directory.