[CF-Devel] town portal (RE: CVS commit: maps/city/misc)

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Tue Feb 26 07:29:51 CST 2002

      > On our mud, we had the problem that portals became abused,

      > much like they seem to be becoming here.

      > We had a unique solution.

      > We called it the void.

      <snip>

      The current problem with spellcasting is that it is too

      "piece-of-cake" - you do not risk anything when failing to cast

      a spell. IMO, we should try to:

      1 - Rise the difficulty level for spells known to be too

          powerful (there should always be a small chance of failing

          the higher level spells);

      2 - Make high-level spellcasting more unpredictable and dangerous.

I think this would be a very good thing to do.
And I *love* the idea about the "void". :-)

Andreas