[CF-Devel] town portal (RE: CVS commit: maps/city/misc)

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Thu Feb 28 08:11:57 CST 2002

      As said, town portal is the worst abuse because it allows

      you to return to just where you were.

Yes, I think the void idea is really a good solution
(and eventually a spellblocker thing on some maps later).

      Word of recall isn't quite so bad - there is some delay

      factor before you get out (so you can't reliably use it

      if your about to die).

WoR is quite okay. It effectively means quitting your
dungeon-quest and often it is hard to get back in.
Besides, we shouldn't forget that there are quite a few
badly-designed maps which trap players frequently.

The abuse-potential of Town Portal is a lot bigger
than from WoR. In fact, the two have little in common IMO.

      Actually doing backfiring depends on the chances of it

      happening and the effects. [...]

Somehow I agree to what Mark (and others) said here.
Adjusting spell damage and monster resistance is probably
a better approach than backfires for attack spells.

Andreas