[CF-Devel] Starting Suspended Animation Process

Yann Chachkoff yann.chachkoff at MailAndNews.com
Wed Jan 2 14:33:48 CST 2002

Gros the Quibbler again - but maybe for the last time...

Again unstable and undocumented feature popped out on the CVS code.
Although I understand quite well the motivations of acting so, as well as the
problems any OpenSource project like Crossfire needs to handle, I do not
approve them.

Thus I had two choices: either "entering the arena" and trying to convince
people I'm right, or find another way to enjoy myself.
The first solution was quite unsatisfying me - I'm not even sure myself to be
right.
I didn't like the second one, too: I like Crossfire, and contributing to it
was indeed too fun to leave.

But it seems that the project now reached a point where more coders was more
annoying than profitable. I don't want to contribute to this, and maybe
Crossfire needs a more "concentrated" team of developers, allowing it to
progress faster than now.

As a result, I decided to leave the status of active developer. All my current
development projects will be stopped at the end of the week.

I just want not to be removed from the developers list, to allow me to still
assure the current CFPython plugin support (debugging and porting).

All my currently unfinished works will be sent to another one so it will not
be lost. I can only hope that although unstable or unbalanced, they'll be of
any use.

Maybe I may write code again someday for Crossfire - who knows ?

Y.E.J "Gros" Chachkoff

Visit

     http://www.chachkoff.f2s.com

      for