[CF-Devel] death attack, AT_DEATH

Henric Karlsson henric at lysator.liu.se
Thu Jan 31 11:18:35 CST 2002

Hi

I noticed something strange a few days ago, while I was chopping through
some trolls with my headcutter (it has death attack and makes the process
quick), now I had devourer enchant my katana of Masamune (slay undead and
now death attack from devourer), now my assumption was that I would chopp
trolls even faster since I had a higher weapon speed. But now I started to
slowely grind those poor trolls instead of instant death attacks like
before. Puzzeld I looked at the code for the answer, and found first in
the function deathstrike_player() in attack.c

if (hitter->slaying)
    (a few conditions that my trolls didn't meet) return;

Now why can't I use the attack type death on a weapon with slay set?
This sounds like a bug to me, but maybe I missed something in the code.

/Henric (aka Gambold)