[CF-Devel] death attack, AT_DEATH

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Thu Jan 31 12:10:29 CST 2002

      Now why can't I use the attack type death on a weapon with slay set?

      This sounds like a bug to me, but maybe I missed something in

      the code.

It's not really a bug.

As far as I know, death attack was originally designed to
increase the effect of slaying-weapons (weapons with a slaying set).
So, if you have a weapon with death attack and a slaying,
all monsters of the slayed race are killed with death-attacks.

Now for some reason, it slipped into the code that if there
is no slaying on your weapon, death-attack works on everything.

Ever since, people's opinions differ about what to do:
1. Make death attack always work, despite of slayings?
2. Or make it work only with slayings?

Andreas V.