[CF-Devel] death attack, AT_DEATH

Peter Mardahl peterm at tonks.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Thu Jan 31 14:41:09 CST 2002

      > Now why can't I use the attack type death on a weapon with slay set?

      > This sounds like a bug to me, but maybe I missed something in

      > the code.

Well,

  I originally coded a lot of this stuff, and what I had in mind was this:

1)  If a weapon had a "slaying" and AT_DEATH, it used AT_DEATH on the
monsters listed in "slaying" and the other attacktypes on anything else.

2)  If it didn't have a slaying field, it used AT_DEATH on everything.

PM

      It's not really a bug.

      As far as I know, death attack was originally designed to

      increase the effect of slaying-weapons (weapons with a slaying set).

      So, if you have a weapon with death attack and a slaying,

      all monsters of the slayed race are killed with death-attacks.

      Now for some reason, it slipped into the code that if there

      is no slaying on your weapon, death-attack works on everything.

      Ever since, people's opinions differ about what to do:

      1. Make death attack always work, despite of slayings?

      2. Or make it work only with slayings?

      Andreas V.

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com