[CF-Devel] rodlike and wandlike items

Todd Mitchell temitchell at sympatico.ca
Tue Jul 16 14:24:04 CDT 2002

The horn is just an item copy of a rod is it not?  By making the messages
for rods and wands more generic you have solved the issue. No need to
vanilla the horn message now, just use the rod item if you want a more
generic message. Since adding in more items is backwards thinking (I didn't
think of the other code for identify or creature use, although isn't that
what happened with the horn being made a seperate item in the first place?)
it makes sense to have the messages more generic, but not to make a generic
message for horns since they are ok now and it is nice to have some
different messages for a bit of colour.  I thought that by making generic
types for recharging and rechargable items you could have your generic
messages and keep the special messages for wands, rods, and horns - but the
better way is to keep te items and make the messages more generic for wider
application.