[CF-Devel] Python.h not found when configure runs.

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Sun Jul 28 23:28:26 CDT 2002

Kevin R. Bulgrien wrote:

      On Saturday 27 July 2002 09:53, I wrote:

     I checked out the latest updates from CVS today and rebuilt the

     server.  I checked the config.log file - which I haven't done before

     and noted that Python.h wasn't detected.

      So anyway, I started to dig a bit even albeit crudely...

      BTW, I am not sure if you'd rather I posted to the normal list instead of

      the devel list...  My original post was to devel was accidental.

  Stuff about compilation or programming issues is probably better places on the
developer list.  The normal list is more for general topics about game play or
whatever else (how do I make an

      I went ahead and modified configure to be able to find Python.h even though

      I felt sure something would break during the make.

  Easier way is to just do 'configure --with-includes=/usr/include/python2.0
...'.    Unfortunately, this isn't documented, doing so now.

      Then, I ran make depend after tweaking plugin_python.h to look for Python.h

      in /usr/include/python2.0:

  The make depend errors can basically be ignored.