[CF List] problem with some diseases

huet.o at free.fr huet.o at free.fr
Sun Jul 7 16:16:02 CDT 2002

Hello everybody,

I hope it's the right mailing list for my "bug" report.

I make a character worshiping Devourers, and I found some "high" disease
ineficient to make damage :

In fact, cold, flu and leprosy work fine, but typhoid, anthrax, red death and
black death don't make damage.

I tried to restrict the bug : in the archetypes file, all the "no damaging"
disease have a negative number for the damage (ex : for red death, it's
"dam -10".
Then, I tried to replace the -10 by 10 and red death is very deadly (and it's
the right comportment, I think.)

Finding this problem, I find other "dam -" begining lines that probably have the
same effect (immolation that I didn't try have perhaps the same bug).

Does someone have the right solution (personaly, I think it could be a problem
in the archetypes file itself or a bug in its parsing...) ?

Olivier.