[CF List] Testing again new Equip Scheme

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Mon Jul 15 23:07:57 CDT 2002

     erhard.sanio at gmx.net

      wrote:

      Hello,

      I tested again on tavern.santa-clara server. The errors I encountered

      last time have been corrected, wearing, unwearing, wielding and

      unwielding appeared all to work fine. Even when doing intensive testing

      including fighting, stealing, singing, wizard and priest spells, usage

      of scrolls, rods, wands, and horns I found no serious errors.

      Only the following things puzzled me:

      When I tried to change rings by simply clicking on the inventory icon

      I recieved the following message:

      "You need to unapply some item(s):

       ring of Ancient Magic * (worn)

       ring of High Magic * (worn)".

      Similarly when trying to wield a bow or crossbow:

      "You need to unapply some item(s):

       Flametongue of Mostrai +7 * (wielded)

       dragon shield +6 * (worn)".

      Is that intended that automatical changing of rings and twohanded

      weapons does not work? I would consider that unfavourable as lightning

      fast reaction is a must, sometimes. Changing clothes and armour still

      works as it ever did.

  Try doing 'applymode always'.  Then try switching.

  The first case is intentional on the case of multiple choice of items.  I need
to look into the second case - while there are multiple items, since both need
to be unequipped to equip a bow, there isn't really a choice, so it should still
do it even with the default unapply mode (nochoice)

      Only, there seems to be a minor bug. When issueing that command I

      wore a crown of Sorig +1. The 'body command shows an empty slot

      for that type of armour. That way, I was able to wear a helmet

      in addition which is somewhat funny. I checked with my original

      character at metalforge and found that the crown is unworn

      correctly there when wearing a helmet.

  Yeah - I'll fix the arch.  The crown arch wasn't with the rest of the helmets,
so didn't get the right change made to it.