[CF List] Why are beds to reality sometimes cursed/damned?

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Fri Jul 19 04:40:56 CDT 2002

      Kevin R. Bulgrien wrote:

      > This happens to my permanent apartment...  Is that normal?

      > Is it undoable?

      [...]

      If I recall correctly, the cursed/damned information is used as a

      determination if using that particularly bed should update your home

      savebed location.

No. First of all, savebeds are damned and have no_magic flag set.
This has nothing to do with the savebed functionality itself.
These two flags are set to prevent casting of magic/prayers on
savebeds.

The reason for this is that when players die, they often remain
with their fingers sticking on the (spell-)fire button for a while.
What used to happen then is that people roasted their precious
appartment with blast and flame after re-awakening from death.

To prevent this, savebeds have the damned and no_magic flags set.

Andreas

     http://www.gmx.net