[CF List] No manna from heaven and other CVS questions...

Kevin R. Bulgrien kbulgrien at worldnet.att.net
Sun Jul 28 09:30:10 CDT 2002

I compiled the server from CVS by going into the crossfire directory
and doing the make process

  ./configure
  cd include
  vi config.h
  cd ..
  make depend
  make
  make install

When crossfire starts, I get a bunch of  messages like:

$ head -25 /var/log/games/crossfire.last
Reading bmaps from /home/games/share/crossfire/bmaps...done (got
3828/3829/3829)Reading faces from /home/games/share/crossfire/faces...done
Reading animations from /home/games/share/crossfire/animations...done. got
(768)Reading archetypes from /home/games/share/crossfire/archetypes...
 arch-pass 1...
Object Burning Tail of many lashings of Ruggilli seems to have too low item
power? 45 > 12
 Adding friendly object Evil Master, Bonehead.
Object amulet of lifesaving had no item power, using 4
Object strange ring had no item power, using 4
Object tooth charm had no item power, using 7
Object Chaos Sword had no item power, using 13
Object Darkblade had no item power, using 24
Object Demonbane had no item power, using 7
Object dagger of fortune had no item power, using 7
Object Frost Hammer had no item power, using 13
Object Firestar had no item power, using 50
Object Gram had no item power, using 11
Object Holy Avenger had no item power, using 45
Object Kobold Dagger had no item power, using 4
Object Lava Slasher had no item power, using 18
calc_item_power got 25 enchantments for Katana of Masamune
Object Katana of Masamune had no item power, using 50
Object Sting had no item power, using 4
calc_item_power got 24 enchantments for Belzebub's sword
Object Belzebub's sword had no item power, using 50

I don't yet know the relationship between compiling a server and the other
top-level  dirs like arch, maps, maps-bigworld...

I didn't copy the cvs maps to the datadir directory.  Is that why I get
messages like the above...

And maybe why the "manna from heaven" spot near the castle in  scorn
doesn't work since I did the make install?

Also, what's the thing about maps vs. maps-bigworld?  I don't see an
obvious description.  The mapset I have in the data dir seems to  look
more like maps than  maps-bigworld, but I think on my last cvs update,
only maps-bigworld was updated.

I'm not sure what the differences are, and  I don't think I  understand
what the comments are about maps being dependant on the compile
process or .emergency files.

Is  one map set more current or supported than another?