[CF-Devel] Enchant Armour scrolls

Yann Chachkoff yann.chachkoff at mailandnews.com
Sun Jun 2 04:41:01 CDT 2002

     ===== Original Message From David Hurst <

      dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au

     =====

     As a side note, if no one responds I change it.. this is my policy so if

     you have an opinion on this somewhat key items, speak now or forever

     hold your peace.

     dnh

     Please let us time to answer - not everyone has the opportunity to check mail
every day !

      I propose to reduce the effects of these, curently I find a player can

      easily get to 99.999.... % armour at which point there own bombs no

      longer hurt and no monsters physical attack can do anything more then

      sneeze a hp point off every few minutes.

     I agree with this...

      in apply.c there is this code:

     <snip>

      If I simply change the 90's to 60's this should greatly reduce the

      problem.

     <snap>
... but not really with your solution. IMO, changing the way the armour value
for the wearer is calculated is the correct answer, not the way improve armour
works. The Armour curve (the function giving the Arm coefficient based on the
sum of the armour equipments) should be revised to make 99.99% more difficult
to reach.

Visit

     http://www.selentine.dyndns.org

      for a