[CF-Devel] mithril armour

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Sun Jun 2 19:23:25 CDT 2002

Todd Mitchell wrote:

      I was fixing the Sorig electric mithril in my arch and decided to make

      changes to the images, so I made a new anim for mithril armour, made a new

      anim for electric mithril armour, changed the arc for it, and changed the

      arc so that the Sorig mithril used this new animation. It works fine and

      looks pretty good, but I was wondering if  there would be an issue with this

      on any maps or since the electric mithril and the regular mithril now have

      different faces (like for detection purposes?)

  I think DB answered most of the rest of the questiosn - I'll just answer this
aspect.

  If you modify the archetype of the object, then all instances of that object
should automatically get updated where ever they may be.

  When an object is saved in a map or player file, only the differences between
it and the archetype it is based on is saved.

  When the object is then loaded at a future point, it first copies over the
values from the archetype into the object, and then over loads any values that
may be specified in the file it is loading from.

So in almost all cases, the only change that needs to get done is to the
archetype itself, and everything else automatically gets fixed up.