[CF-Devel] mithril armour

Todd Mitchell temitchell at sympatico.ca
Sun Jun 2 11:58:59 CDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Hurst" <

     dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au

To: <

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com

Sent: Saturday, June 01, 2002 9:36 PM
Subject: Re: [CF-Devel] mithril armour

      On Sat, Jun 01, 2002 at 01:32:37PM -0400, Todd Mitchell wrote:

      > I was fixing the Sorig electric mithril in my arch and decided to make

      > changes to the images, so I made a new anim for mithril armour, made a

     new

      > anim for electric mithril armour, changed the arc for it, and changed

     the

      > arc so that the Sorig mithril used this new animation. It works fine and

      > looks pretty good,

      COOL, this is what I like to hear.

      but I was wondering if  there would be an issue with this

      > on any maps or since the electric mithril and the regular mithril now

     have

      > different faces (like for detection purposes?)  I also have made a few

     new

      > arcs (wolves anyone?)and touched up some images - where do I send them

     for

      > perusal?

      send them to me, I currently have availible webspace and I will commit

      it to cvs for you if all is well. There wont be a an issue, the sorig

      armour is only given by sorig. An the elec armour is well, i'm not

      telling where it is.. but there isn't an issue =).

      > I was also thinking that I would like to go through the archs and copy

     out

      > all the cartoony images and make these into a new image set called toon

     so

      > there would be base, clsc and toon.  This image set wouldn't have the

      > perspective tilt or light shading like the base set, but there are a lot

     of

      > nice toony images there that would make a nice image set.  What do you

     folks

      > think of this - good idea -  waste of time?

      The clsc set is meant to be a toon set, I just never got enough images

      (yes I created it with two other developers (BehTong and Peterm, may

      their souls not be forgotten ;)). I would love to start working on it

      again, if if you have interest I would be more than happy to show you

      the ropes and get you started. If you want to talk to me, the easiest

      way is to come onto #crossfire on the openprojects server and look for a

      nick containing 'bob' ;). I certainly hope any work you do decide to do

      is by no means a waste, as I have spent a goodly amount of work already

      on it =).

      dnh

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com