[CF-Devel] Change in equip method.

Tim Rightnour root at garbled.net
Sat Jun 8 09:40:59 CDT 2002

On 04-Jun-02 Mark Wedel wrote:

        You could certainly just say that you have 2 arms, and a shield uses one

      arm

      and a weapon uses an arm, and that you could use 2 weapons or two shields.

      Using two shields probably isn't that much a problem, but 2 weapons certainly

      are.

I think that can be solved by cheating on our part.  Only make the magic for
the weapon in the right arm count, or average the two together.

      object skill_florentine_fighting

      msg

      Florentine style lets you fight with too weapons.  However, with this

      training, you are know longer proficient in use of the shield.

      endmsg

      weapon_hand -1

      shield_hand 1

      end

That seems borked to me.  How is it that I can learn a skill, and by doing so
completely forget how to use a shield?

Also.. it seems to me that it would be a different skill set to learn to fight
with two different weapons, vs a pair of identical weapons.  The motions and
strategies would be wholly different.

---
Tim Rightnour <

     root at garbled.net