[CF-Devel] Change in equip method.

David Hurst dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au
Sun Jun 9 20:42:00 CDT 2002

       Now I suppose things can be coded in now to allow one behaviour, and then

       if we add things like 2 weapon fighting or 4 armed creatures, worry at that

      time about making it work properly.

mmm

       RE using multiple weapons at one time:  I agree the correct way to do it

       would be for each weapon to have its own weapon speed, and each attach only

      has the benefits of that weapon.  However, that would require some fairly

      extensive changes to the attack code.  Perhaps if we want to seriously look

      into using 2 weapons, we should look at such a change.  But it certainly

      makes things more complicated.

I would think it is worth serious contemplation.

       My personal thought is to change this so that you are equipping something

       but there is a choice of more than 1 item to unequip, the server then

      informs the player that 'you either need to enequip a or b' type of things,

      instead of making that choice for the player.  Thoughts?

ok, except that this will add time to equiping, I would rather see some
would basically switch between a sword and shiled (or just sword/shield)
to a bow and back. The apply code looks to apply the object, if it is
already applied it unapplies and the reverse. Which items it applies
would be based on the easiest way to do it, but a predictable one. Ie,
highest in inv. (If this was used I would like to see the ability to
rearrange your inv) or possibly the highest locked item.

=), food for thought huh =)

dnh