[CF-Devel] marking rune,inscription bug

Joel South joel at mamia.prninfo.com
Wed Jun 26 13:57:24 CDT 2002

     Another player and I have found a really bad bug. This bug allows
you to create items,monsters,just about anything. You can even make keys
to apartments or guilds,if you know what the lockcode is. Recently,two
pkers were running around metalforge,killing even highlevels. Somehow they
broke into a guild and killed the players who were hiding in
there,including me. Perhaps they knew of this bug?
 This bug is done with marking runes or the skill
inscription. Here is an example.

endmsg
face rune_mark.111
type 98
end
arch key2
name Key for Apartment 1
race keys
slaying apartment1
face key2.111
x 10
y 11
type 21
end
arch rune_mark
name Rune of Marking
end

   The floor that this rune is made on must be unique. Once the map
resets,the item will be created where the x and y is located. The marking
rune is pushed to a different part of the map,perhaps the only the upper
left corner,or maybe it is the starting place. I haven't bothered to
investigate that.
   Many things can be made with this bug,items of incredible power with
resistance to every attack(I think the pkers had such an item,my level
107 in every skill character was unable to even touch one of them),weapons
that give you dam+500 or such a number,weapons with god power
attack,an item that lifts your speed to some insane number like
5000000.0. With such an item you can even push players off the server!
  Anyway,this bug must be fixed. Most of the experimentation was done by
Markus Kettunen (a.k.a MakeGho, Jibby or Abanji). He has documentation on
this bug at "

     http://koti.mbnet.fi/makegho/misc/cfcheat.1".

      For more
information,talk to MakeGho on ircnet or openprojects.

                                  Joel Southall (a.k.a Zar)