[CF-Devel] start equipment (RE: town portal)

Tim Rightnour root at garbled.net
Fri Mar 1 02:21:31 CST 2002

On 28-Feb-02 Andreas Vogl wrote:

      My proposion for additional start equipment (for all races):

      - An "apple of life", being a potion of life in fact.

        (Description message contains hint about potions of life

        and what they do.)

      - A balm of travelling (WoR, balms never fail - that's

        important for newbies).

      - A decent bunch of lightweight food. Removing the

        infinit food auto-generation on HallOfSelection map

        (it gets heavily abused for earning money).

I'd take it one step farther, and give them one random artifact, and maybe
something like an amulet of life saving.  I don't know if we have one in the
game, but I'm thinking along the lines of nethack, where it saves your life
once, and vaporizes.  In this way, they can explore a little, and get a hang of
things before getting slaughtered and set back to zero exp.  It gives them a
free learning experience.

Both of these, would obviously dissolve on drop.

---
Tim Rightnour <

     root at garbled.net

NetBSD: Free multi-architecture OS