[CF-Devel] About CVS server stability.

Scott MacFiggen smurf at CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Mar 4 03:31:09 CST 2002

      2) It's CVS.  It's a live development copy.  I don't understand why people seem

      to have it in thier heads that CVS is allways going to be stable, and happy.

      If you aren't willing to put up with the fact that from time to time, CVS may

      have code in it that makes things worse than they were before, then don't run a

      non-release version.  If you want your server to be on the bleeding edge, you

      need to be prepared to bleed.

This is an invalid argument with respect to Crossfire because crossfire
hardly ever does stable releases. The open source mantra is release
early and release often but the last crossfire stable release was
client 1.1..  That was what? 6 months ago? And before that it was like
a year or something since 1.0 was released?

Crossfire should absolutley have a stable branch and a development branch.
I'm clueless about CVS but I know with perforce it is pretty
easy to merge changes into another branch.

	-Scott