[cf-admin] maps

Todd Mitchell temitchell at sympatico.ca
Sun Mar 3 01:27:25 CST 2002

Hi, I have set up Crossfire on a Redhat 7.1 and thought everything was working.  I use the crossloop script to keep things going and run it as a user I created for this purpose (and for Roger Wilco).  I have had a few friends connecting so we could try it out.  Everything was/is working in Scorn, but whenever we try to go out the eastern gate I get the message - Map closed.  I thought I had installed the maps correctly, but perhaps not.  Also I was wondering how often new map sets or updated maps are published and what is the procedure for upgrading them on my installation (just clean out the old map folder and add the new stuff?).  Also: If there is a guide (or the beginnings of a guide) for maintining a crossfire server I would be grateful for a peek at it (for things like: is there a way to mute a shouty player? or, I am running with ~128kb up and 600kb down (ADSL) and have 512MB ram on a P2 400 running redhat 7.1 - any ideas on how many people I could have playing at one time?)

Thanks- Todd Mitchell