[CF-Devel] Attitudes, egos, branches and stability of a server

Peter Mardahl peterm at tonks.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Mar 5 12:26:07 CST 2002

      Quoting Andreas Vogl (

      andi.vogl at gmx.net

      ):

      > That's ridiculous. You shouldn't complain when you obviously

      > don't read the cf-devel list. I've sent about a hundred mails

      > announcing and explaining my patch. Everybody agreed to it.

      > So go make your own branch if you need one.

      Dude, you blow things way out of proportion. It's 6 posts. And I did read the

      posts -all- 6 of them.

      And everyone did NOT agree, PM seems to have some concerns.

For the record, I did indeed have some concerns, but AV *did* compromise
enough to satisfy me.  AV agreed to use a new name and modify the images,
so that reverse compatibility with the old Quetzalcoatl race is
preserved.

AV and I still disagree about how the coding ought to have been done,
but my position is, and always has been, that the guy actually doing the
work ought to have his way about how to implement things, unless there
is some horrible mistake being made.

Bob's right about the discussion spanning 6, instead of 100, posts.

I don't know anything about the CFJavaEditor flap, it sounds like some
mistakes may have been made.  I can only hope everyone will treat each other,
and each other's work, with respect.

PeterM