[CF-Devel] Latest Client release

Yann Chachkoff yann.chachkoff at mailandnews.com
Wed Mar 27 11:26:24 CST 2002

Hi,

It seems that in its current CVS form, the standard crossfire client became
completely unusable, due to some severe errors in both code and supplied data.

Detected errors include - but may not be limited to:

No question.sdl file (gx11.c, around line 680);
last_start and last_end defined in the middle of a block in client.c;

Such errors could easily be avoided by rereading of the code before putting it
into the CVS.
I understand CVS is the right place for unstable/unfinished code, but don't
you think it is a bit *too* unfinished ? Can't you at least try your code once
before committing ?

I understand of course quite well that writing a bug-free code is not often
possible. But those are not bugs anymore - they are quite huge mistakes that
should never happen. It makes the others' work difficult just because the code
writer was too lazy to read what he wrote.

Hard words ? Yes. But 'Te is Te veel' !

Y. Chachkoff