[CF-Devel] Latest Client release

yann.chachkoff at softhome.net yann.chachkoff at softhome.net
Thu Mar 28 02:07:03 CST 2002

Andreas Vogl writes:

      > I understand CVS is the right place for unstable/unfinished

      > code, but don't you think it is a bit *too* unfinished ? Can't

      > you at least try your code once before committing ?

      I agree of course that code has to be tested, but I also

      think that the amount of work someone does should be taken

      into consideration.

     Does a bigger work excuse not testing it ?

      What Mark did here was a real big thing, implemented both into

      client and server. If something goes amiss in the process, it's

      still a great piece of work on the whole.

For me, a great piece of code is a code that works.
Now I agree it can become quite difficult to find bugs (especially the
pointer ones) when your code gets bigger. But those are not bugs that
required intensive hunting/testing. Those are syntax errors, and a simple
compilation try would have immediatly revealed them. So I stand on my
point: reread and test your code at least once, to prevent such silly
errors to happen in the future.

Y. Chachkoff