[CF-Devel] guilds maps

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Sun Mar 31 22:58:49 CST 2002

Joris Bontje wrote:

      Like you all know, 'johnny shelly' aka cryo has made guild maps on my

      server.

      Brief description:

      3 players / characters are needed to start a guild. They can buy 3 keys

      for a big price (20,000 diamonds). This gives you a big empty guild.

      You have to collect the furniture (altars, shop, extention, alchemy room

      etc) yourself by solving little miniquests.

      Once you are a member of the guild, you can create more keys for other

      new members. The whole map is unique so everything is stored.

      Right now there are 4 guilds for sale on the special 'guild island' but

      this can be manually extended by duplicating maps and adding more keys.

      There have been requests by players and other admins for these maps.

      So cryo asked me if it was okay to put it in CVS

      There are 2 options:

      1) put it in as a linked mapset (so every new server will have it)

      2) just put the maps in, but dont link to it.

      3) dont put it in CVS, which isnt an option :)

      I would go for #1... enhances the multiplayer feeling etc..

      Any objections, comments etc?

 I would vote for #1 also.  My personal opinion is that most everything in the
basic mapset should be linked - if it isn't good enough (or whatever) to be
linked, it should either be fixed up so it can be linked or it should be
removed.