[CF-Devel] guilds maps

Joris Bontje jbontje at suespammers.org
Sun Mar 31 16:23:04 CST 2002

Like you all know, 'johnny shelly' aka cryo has made guild maps on my
server.

Brief description:
3 players / characters are needed to start a guild. They can buy 3 keys
for a big price (20,000 diamonds). This gives you a big empty guild.
You have to collect the furniture (altars, shop, extention, alchemy room
etc) yourself by solving little miniquests.
Once you are a member of the guild, you can create more keys for other
new members. The whole map is unique so everything is stored.

Right now there are 4 guilds for sale on the special 'guild island' but
this can be manually extended by duplicating maps and adding more keys.

There have been requests by players and other admins for these maps.
So cryo asked me if it was okay to put it in CVS
There are 2 options:
1) put it in as a linked mapset (so every new server will have it)
2) just put the maps in, but dont link to it.
3) dont put it in CVS, which isnt an option :)

I would go for #1... enhances the multiplayer feeling etc..
Any objections, comments etc?

In threefold,
Regards,

Joris Bontje / mids
--
Gpg Key: Id=0xF19326A9 /

     http://mids.student.utwente.nl/~mids/jbontje.pub

Key fingerprint = 730D 9B3A F406 F28A 957D 6397 31E8 6D4C F193 26A9