[CF List] wraight

Steven Lembark lembark at wrkhors.com
Tue Mar 5 09:01:50 CST 2002

-- Raphaël Quinet <

     quinet at gamers.org

      Another alternative is to say that fb and w's don't need

      "food" but "lifeforce". They basically live at zero fp

      forever and consume mana to survive. This means that if

      their SP goes to zero they begin to "starve". Their

      "food" would be existing restore mana potions and magic

      crystals (basically they'd store "food" by charging the

      thing before going into battle).

      At first, I thought that it would be a very good solution, but now I

      think that it would be hard to make that work.  The regen rate for

      "lifeforce" would be (mana rate - food rate), but if the result is

      negative then the player would have a hard time to get enough mana to

      prepare for a battle.

Except at very low levels, mana regen is higher than food
use. Adjusting the initial rates for fb's and w's would
allow for reasonable rates. A char w/ 25+ POW (wait for
an 18 stat on the char regen and put it on POW) would
normally regen at a fairly high rate. Note also that
praying accelerates mana regen; which would also help.

                                            +1 800 762 1582