[CF List] wraight (& fireborns)

Steven Lembark lembark at wrkhors.com
Tue Mar 5 23:37:09 CST 2002

      I think fireborns using fire for food is good - it is relatively simple

     to do,

Glad you're warming to the idea.

       For wraights, it is probably easier to abstract it to all races that are

      undead.  I'm not sure the idea of sucking hp from those around you is

      that great - it would seem to make it more difficult for the wraith to

      adventure with others (as he would probably end up sucking his friends

      lifeforce also).  Certainly tying it to the death of others works -

      things the wraith directly kills is easiest to do - things that die

      around the wraith (say by his friends actions) are harder, as when

      something dies, you then need to examine all the nearby squares to see if

      there is a wraith player around.  The idea of a wraith carrying around a

      bag of live chickens for food comes to mind.

Tie it to the damage done via spells cast by the character --
you already have to compute that anyway. Ingoring group
effects for this seems reasonable. For whatever fraction
of the "nutrition" they might get let them walk aroun eating
whatever corpses are left over from their friends' fun (see below).

That or add an innate "suck the life out of" skill that works
similarly to "destruction" but adds the damage points to the
char's food. Would work similarly to existing drain spells.

       To make it so that wraiths are completely hosed, they could also get some

      nominal food value from flesh items (maybe 1/10'th the value), and the

      basis there is still some small essence of life left in them.

Works for me. Simplest fix would be taking 1/10 of the
food value from any corpse eaten. There might be a
logical argument that "undead corpses" aren't going to
have any life force but it sure would simplify things.

enjoi.

                                            +1 800 762 1582