[CF List] wraight (& fireborns)

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Sat Mar 9 01:50:16 CST 2002

Steven Lembark wrote:

      >  I guess I'm confused what struct and what field.  You certainly don't

      > want to modify the spells the fireborn casts in such a way, as it would

      > also heal other monsters.

      >  And in fact, since the fireborn has 100 resistance to fire, some special

      > hack would be needed in the attack code in any place.

      Last time I looked the resistance is accomplished by a

      multiplier that effects the damage. If the sign if this

      value were reversed then "damage" would be added to the

      hp rather than subtracted.

 Nope - if the sign for resistance is negative, you take more damage - this is
how vulnerabilities are done.

 The code form attack.c is:

	dam *= (100-op->resist[attacknum]);
      if (dam >= 100) dam /= 100;
      else
        dam = (dam > (random_roll(0, 99, op, PREFER_LOW))) ? 1 : 0;

 so giving a negative resistance will not do what you want to do.