[CF List] levels & exp

Scott Barnes reeve at ductape.net
Sun Mar 31 20:37:45 CST 2002

Okay, I just wanted to throw my two silver coins in :)
I was playing iLarn today, and it occurred to me what the main problem
with the experience issues and also just a fun factor, there aren't
enough dungeons that follow the simple "start wussy and go down for
about 20 or 30 floors, each one several levels harder than the one
before."  I would personally love to see more maps like that.  For one,
the quests in Scorn would make a good start for redesigning.  They're
too short, too simple (or in some cases, like the quest for the special
mushroom, too hard), and generally the floors of the dungeons are all
around the same difficulty level, but they should start easy and get
progressively harder.  The best example I know of from Crossfire itself
would be the raffles or the power plant, though those progress too
quickly and are far too short.  How about a cave or something that goes
down about 20 floors (all random) and the monsters should start off with
like kobolds and orcs, then get strong as the player moves down the
floors, ending with an very strong monster (say, ancient red dragon) and
a valuable artifact.  Well, that's just my opinion.  :)

--
Reeve the cat