[CF-Devel] Java Crossfire Client

Bob Tanner tanner at real-time.com
Fri May 10 13:11:20 CDT 2002

Quoting Uwe Kubosch (

     donv at crusaders.no

     ):

      Hi all!

      After the DirectX client was discontinued, I need another client for

      Crossfire.  I REALLY NEED IT (going into CF withdrawal...aarglf)

Umm, install linux, it's free. Then use the gtk client?

      So, being an experienced Java programmer I want to revive the Java client.

      I've talked to Philip Brown, and gotten the latest source code, and I have

      fired it up, and IT WORKS, although without graphics, yet.  :)

Getting the source code and having an open source license are 2 different
things.

Is the java code under an open source license?

I believe the DX client died because the source code was not released under an
open source license.

--
Bob Tanner <

     tanner at real-time.com

     >         | Phone : (952)943-8700

     http://www.mn-linux.org,

      Minnesota, Linux | Fax   : (952)943-8500