[CF-Devel] Enchant Armour scrolls

David Hurst dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au
Fri May 31 22:51:15 CDT 2002

I propose to reduce the effects of these, curently I find a player can
easily get to 99.999.... % armour at which point there own bombs no
longer hurt and no monsters physical attack can do anything more then
sneeze a hp point off every few minutes.

in apply.c there is this code:
apply.c:    new_armour = armour->resist[ATNR_PHYSICAL] +
armour->resist[ATNR_PHY
SICAL]/25 + op->level/20 + 1;
apply.c:    if (new_armour > 90)
apply.c:        new_armour = 90;
apply.c:    if (armour->magic >= (op->level / 10 + 1)
apply.c:        || new_armour > op->level)
apply.c:        new_draw_info(NDI_UNIQUE, 0,op,"to improve this
armour.");
apply.c:    if (new_armour > armour->resist[ATNR_PHYSICAL]) {
apply.c:        armour->resist[ATNR_PHYSICAL] = new_armour;
apply.c:        armour->weight += armour->weight * 0.05;
apply.c:        new_draw_info(NDI_UNIQUE, 0,op,"The armour value of this
equipme
nt");

If I simply change the 90's to 60's this should greatly reduce the
problem. I haven't tested how useful -40 AC is as I suspect most
monsters can still hit you, if this is a problem I will try and find a
way to reduce this too.

If anyone has a better idea as to how to do this, ie, making the maximum
armour some sort of ratio to the initial armour I am all ears. Perhaps
even increasing the negative effects like increasing the armour weight
to make the benefits somewhat more offset. This is really only a problem
for higher level players though.

dnh