[CF List] Windows DX Client

Magnus Kronhamn mak at solace.mh.se
Thu May 2 08:20:58 CDT 2002

      a bit without success.  So far changes have either

      negatively affected the Windows display, and made

      no real effective improvement to the client screen,

      but, then again, I don't know what all the setting

      mean.

This sounds similar to problems ive hade for quite some time now,
although i havent actually tried the cf client.
When i adjust my 'normal' gamma correction in windows it only effects the
regular windows thingamajings and not stuff like the mediaplayer and most
games. Having quite a dark monitor, already turned to max brightness, this
made it almost impossible to watch/play stuff.

The solution though was to adjust the settings for 'video overlay',
these could be found on the settings for my detonator drivers, although
way to far down for my liking.

Not sure why they would separate these two settings, but finding it fixed
my problems atleast

 // Magnus