[CF-Devel] Bunch of arch-related questions

emaillist+cfdev at dogphilosophy.net emaillist+cfdev at dogphilosophy.net
Mon Nov 11 15:27:23 CST 2002

Does somebody on the list have a good grasp of what the "non-obvious" fields
in spell arch's mean?

For example, what does "hp" represent in a spell arch?

There's some partial discussion of different meanings of the fields for
different object types in docs/Developers/objects (for example, mentioning
that "hp" for treasure chests represents how many items it might have in it),
but it doesn't seem to cover spells at all.

Also, in relation to the damage type, I assume there's no problem
combining "damaging" damage types with "non-damaging" damage types (like
confusion and paralysis)?  It seems to work, but I wasn't sure...

For the "chaos" damage type, is it really a distinct damage type, or does
it simply do random other damage types?  (i.e. is the damage from a "chaos"
type attack subject to possible reduction from other resistances?)

Also, in general, what would people be most interested in seeing added:

New spells
New skills
New races
New monsters