[CF-Devel] Re: New races and spells.

Todd Mitchell temitchell at sympatico.ca
Tue Nov 12 16:12:21 CST 2002

      Here's yet another suggestion/request based on me not knowing how hard it

      would be to actually implement - how hard would it be to add a "class face

      change" specifier to the race arch's?  That is, be able to specify a

     specific

      face (faces) for particular classes for a race?  In the case of the

      lizard-people in my patch, one could adapt the "serpentman priest"

     graphics,

      and specify switching to that graphic for Sossaurian wizards, priests,

     monks,

      evokers, etc. (and by default staying "no class face change" for anything

     not

      listed).

I also like this idea - dwarf in clothes vs dwarf in armour vs dwarf in robe
kind of thing as mentioned above.  This would be less work than an entire
range of character/race faces.
I was thinking for some time now that it would actually be really nice to
get rid of the class faces and just use race face.  This would liven up the
scenery a bit and it makes more sense that your race is obvious while your
class may not be.  Class faces for each race would be ok, but it would be
more work and it does not allow for the incognito factor - this would be
especially neat for thieves to do away with class face.  - this wouldn't be
to hard to do at all.
The other other idea is neat though if we can get some good graphics.