[CF-Devel] #define's that I want to just kill outright

Yann Chachkoff yann.chachkoff at mailandnews.com
Fri Nov 15 02:25:36 CST 2002

     ===== Original Message From "Todd Mitchell" <

      temitchell at sympatico.ca

      > =====

      > PLUGINS - I think this define should go.  If it compiles without Python

     libs,

      > it should just be the default.

     Whats this do?  I would hate to see the python Plugin disabled since it has

     just started to work properly with the automake and gros is busy polishing

     this gem.

I'm not quite sure it is a 'gem'...

Well, PLUGINS just defines if the server should be compiled with or without
plugin support. The idea behind it was to still allow building the server if
something went wrong with the plugin-related code.

Since it seems that no big problems have been found with it for quite a long
time, it can probably now be safely removed (with the default value of 'on' of
course).

Note that the code activated by PLUGINS contains nothing about Python - the
server PLUGINS stuff only provides support for the external plugin libraries
(CFPython being one of those libraries).

If a problem arise with a specific plugin preventing your server to run, just
remove that plugin (the server can run without any plugin libraries, even if
PLUGINS is 'on')

Y. Chachkoff
Help supporting JXFire ! (

     http://jxfire.sf.net