[CF-Devel] Money issues

Yann Chachkoff yann.chachkoff at mailandnews.com
Fri Nov 15 03:06:09 CST 2002

     ===== Original Message From Rick Tanner <

      leaf at real-time.com

      > =====

     Bringing up an old (unresolved?) discussion...

     Where do people stand on this?

     Should the price of the more common and useful stuff get lowered?

     My opinion: yes.

     How about reducing the cost of detect magic and detect curse altars?

     My opinion: no. As an adventurer, you've to be careful about what you're
trying to use/wear/eat/drink. Reducing the cost of detect curse would also
reduce the level of risk.

     Judging by the number of times I see questions on IRC and other places

     people aren't aware of cursed items and their effects, accidently wear

     equipment or can't afford the detect curse price.

     If people are not ready to take the risk that some unidentified items can turn
out to be bad (cursed/damned) ones, why are they playing RPGs ? I see no
reason to change anything around the cursed items - it would only result in
making the game less dangerous (and thus less fun IMHO).
Probably a better option would be to add better comments in the Crossfire
Player's Guide about curse and damnation, so people would know by advance the
risks related to the use of unidentified items.

Y. Chachkoff
Help supporting JXFire ! (

     http://jxfire.sf.net

     )