[CF-Devel] bugs

Johnny Shelley jshelley at brainsurgery.net
Mon Nov 18 14:57:44 CST 2002

On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Preston Crow wrote:

      I've noticed several bugs while playing at metalforge with gcfclient:

<snip lots of client and server bugs>

      Something seems to be messed up with the Enchant Armour scrolls.  I'm told

      that I'm not powerful enough to enchant things that I think I really should

      be able to enchant.  This may be related to when I issue the 'skills

      command and see some message about having something like 28473 out of 13

      improvements (or whatever that message is; I can't bring it up from here).

      At the very least, it would help if it would tell me something useful, like

      "You must attain level 20 before improving this item."

This one at least isn't a bug. Enchant armour scrolls add a +1
enchantment and may be applied like so: 1 at level 1, 1 every 10 levels
therafter.

I suspect the problem you're having is related to the armour value
however. Basically, for every scroll you read, an armour value is added
to the equipment as well as the enchantment bonus. IIRC, this is roughly
your level / 10. The limitation is that you can never enchant armour to
have a higher value than your current level or 90, whichever is lower.

So if you have a +0 item w/ armour of 20, you need to be at least level
21 (or 22.. I forget excatly how this works) to enchant it to +1. Then
at about 23 or 24, you could enchant it to +2 (and ~24 armour). Finally
around level 26, you could enchant it to +3. Then no further
enchantments until you reach level 30.

So to double check this, verify that your level is >= the armour's
current enchantment * 10. And verify that your level is greater than the
armour's current armour value + your level / 10.

johnny

PGP Public Key available from:

     http://www.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x17BF1DD3